Delete an Email Signature in Microsoft 365 (Outlook Web, Outlook Desktop)
Email signatures are an important element within business communications. That’s something that we are always highlighting on this site. A signature provides a business with a platform on which to give useful information to recipients of the email. That information can be your address, your social media handles, your address and other personal information about the person sending the email. Having an email signature adds credibility to your correspondences. However, a time may come when you need to delete one or more of your email signatures. Perhaps you have moved on to another company, or maybe you have come up with a new signature.
Remove an email signature in Outlook 365
- Open a web browser and log into Outlook.
- Click on the Settings button to the top right side of your screen.
- Search for and open Email signature.
- Click on Compose and reply on the Layout column.
- Your Email signature will appear. You can delete it by selecting everything and clicking on the Delete or backspace button on your keyboard.
- You should also untick “Automatically include my signature on new messages that I compose.”
- Also untick “Automatically include my signature on messages I forward or reply to.”
Remove your email signature in Outlook for Desktop
- Open Outlook and click on File.
- Go to Options.
- Open Mail.
- Click on Signatures.
- Click on the email signature that you wish to delete.
- Click on the Delete button.
- Confirm your choice.